Things that genuinely bothered me today. It’s not up for discussion whether or not my annoyance was valid.
- The pretentious coffee shop on campus didn’t have fake sugar. Really? You’re going to charge me $4 for coffee and not even provide me with a way to kill myself faster? Let me poison myself. Let me live.
- A girl in flats was walking in front of me slowly. Absurd and unacceptable. I was in platform heels and walking faster. Do more.
- My hair looked gross and unwashed. I haven’t washed it since Sunday night but that is besides the point.
- Jane from The Bold Type actually left her job at Scarlet. JAAAAAANEEE. What am I going to do without the Scarlet Closet pow-wows? You’re injuring me, Jane. Also if you, reader, do not watch this show, you’re injuring me.
- I paid $4 for a bowl of cereal. It was really good cereal but I do hate myself.
- I watched two cars perform U-turns in the middle of a street with double-yellow lines. No. Wrong.
- A male classmate interrupted one of my female classmates to mansplain. He didn’t even make a point and I wanted to SCREAM. I don’t care if you’re about to announce the cure for cancer, wait your damn turn.
- My hairstylist emailed me to remind me that my roots are probably bad. Don’t start with me, Nina.
- I didn’t get any mail. I always have such hope for a fun card that may or may not have money in it, or maybe a free issue of Glamour, but nothing is ever there *metaphorically stomps foot.